RNAV – Required Navigation Performance/Area Navigation
A course for pilots to acquire the knowledge of basic principles regarding area navigation.
Valid type rating
1 day: classroom presentation and practical training on FFS
- B-RNAV used en-route and for connection to terminal areas
- B-RNAV limited to RNAV procedures above MSA, designed according to en-route principles
- Track keeping accuracy
- P-RNAV used for navigation in terminal areas (obstacle clearance granted, when P-RNAV requirements are met) for: Arrivals, departures and approaches up to the final approach waypoint
- Typical RNP values
- The course intends to give an overview concerning RNAV, which are generally valid – irrespective of the ICAO regions.
- Approach training
- RNAV (GPS) approaches
- GPS required to achieve this specific NAV performance