A320 Initial Type Rating
Type rating is a prerequisite to flying a particular type of airliner. CATC offers a type rating skill test on the A320 family, together with a wide range of additional training courses for professional pilots.
- Oral and written English skills according to ICAO Level 4 (min.)
- Valid CPL with ATPL credit or valid ATPL
- Valid multi-engine IFR rating
- MCC Certificate (MCC training can be performed as a part of this type rating training)
- Valid Class 1 Medical Certificate
The training course can only commence once all formalities and pilot’s qualification have been checked, the contract signed and the course fee paid. This needs to be done at least 3 weeks prior to the course start date.
- All the CATC type rating courses are conducted in a traditional format, comprising theoretical training followed by practical training on synthetic training devices
- Theoretical training consists of CBT/WBT self-study lectures and several classroom sessions
- All the practical training is performed on flat panel trainers and Full flight simulators with certification level D
- Training & Checking
- Minimum amount of FFS training is 32 hours (8 times four hours)
- Each practical training is preceded by a 90 min. briefing and followed by a detailed debriefing of the instructor
- Type rating course finishes with a skill test on the FFS
- The test will be taken by an examiner of CATC or by an examiner of the customer-airline
- Base training (approx. 1 hour, 6 take-offs and landings) can be ensured by CATC - only for pilots from EASA member states training under EASA regulations
- If a ZFTT course is intended, a special authorization by the relevant CAA and a specific agreement between CATC and the customer-airline are required, which have to be signed and approved prior starting the type rating course
CATC type rating courses can be supplemented with additional trainings:
- AWO: If training beyond CAT1 competence is desired, an additional practical training lesson of four hours will be scheduled.
- RNP RNAV: If RNP RNAV approach competence is desired, an additional practical training lesson of four hours will be scheduled.
- ETOPS: If ETOPS competence is desired, an additional practical training lesson of four hours will be scheduled.
- ZFTT: If a specific landing training is requested, an additional practical training lesson of two hours will be scheduled.
- MCC attached - additional practical training lessons of 10 hours will be scheduled
- In case Upset recovery (UPRT) special training competence is desired, an additional practical training lesson of four hours will be scheduled.
- If an additional LOFT – scenario based training is requested, an additional practical training lesson of four hours will be scheduled.
Ask for price
Why to become a pilot with catc
Supplementary training at your request according to your needs
Experience in training multicultural crews
Accommodation available close to CATC
Would you like to be informed about the course date?
There are no dates available at the moment. Contact us for more information or enquiry.
TR Revalidation for pilots with a valid type rating qualification, which must be completed once or twice a year.
We offer a stand-alone Multi-Crew Cooperation Course or MCC in combination with a type rating course for a multi-crew airplane. You can also buy the MCC course as a discounted package together with the Jet Orientation Course.
Register for an exam in accordance with ICAO standards. The exam is aimed at pilots who need to demonstrate an understanding of spoken language and appropriately react in usual and abnormal situations.