A320 Type Rating
At CATC we offer Airbus A320 family type training along with a wide range of additional qualifications.
A type rating is a prerequisite for flying a specific type of transport aircraft. CATC offers type training ending with a Skill test on a synthetic device for the A320 family, B737NG, B737CL, ATR and L410 aircraft types. After successful completion of the course, the pilot can enroll in Base Training or ZFTT zero flight time training. In addition to type training, CATC offers a wide range of additional courses that a professional pilot needs to obtain the necessary qualifications and experience such as MCC, JOC, ETOPS, AWO, LOFT or RNP RNAV. The course meets the requirements of EASA regulations.
Detailed course description
- Oral and written English skills according to ICAO Level 4 (min.)
- Valid CPL with ATPL credit or valid ATPL
- Valid multi-engine IFR rating
- MCC Certificate (MCC training can be performed as a part of this type rating training)
- Valid Class 1 Medical Certificate
The training course can only commence once all formalities and pilot’s qualification have been checked, the contract signed and the course fee paid. This needs to be done at least 3 weeks prior to the course start date.
- All the CATC type rating courses are conducted in a traditional format, comprising theoretical training followed by practical training on synthetic training devices
- Theoretical training consists of CBT/WBT self-study lectures and several classroom sessions
- All the practical training is performed on flat panel trainers and Full flight simulators with certification level D
- Training & Checking
- Minimum amount of FFS training is 32 hours (8 times four hours)
- Each practical training is preceded by a 90 min. briefing and followed by a detailed debriefing of the instructor
- Type rating course finishes with a skill test on the FFS
- The test will be taken by an examiner of CATC or by an examiner of the customer-airline
- Base training (approx. 1 hour, 6 take-offs and landings) can be ensured by CATC – only for pilots from EASA member states training under EASA regulations
- If a ZFTT course is intended, a special authorization by the relevant CAA and a specific agreement between CATC and the customer-airline are required, which have to be signed and approved prior starting the type rating course
CATC type rating courses can be supplemented with additional trainings
- AWO: If training beyond CAT1 competence is desired, an additional practical training lesson of four hours will be scheduled.
- RNP RNAV: If RNP RNAV approach competence is desired, an additional practical training lesson of four hours will be scheduled.
- ETOPS: If ETOPS competence is desired, an additional practical training lesson of four hours will be scheduled.
- ZFTT: If a specific landing training is requested, an additional practical training lesson of two hours will be scheduled.
- MCC attached – additional practical training lessons of 10 hours will be scheduled
- In case Upset recovery (UPRT) special training competence is desired, an additional practical training lesson of four hours will be scheduled.
- If an additional LOFT – scenario based training is requested, an additional practical training lesson of four hours will be scheduled.