De-icing / Anti-icing Recurrent Course
The aim of this course is to refresh the knowledge and skills acquired in the basic course. It is intended for the holders of De-icing/Anti-icing Basic Course Certificate. The recurrent course shall be made in each two years period.
Valid De-icing/Anti-icing Basic Course Certificate
Theoretical training: 2,5 hrs. Practical training: 0,5 hr. Total: 3 hrs.
1. Entry requirements
- Valid De-icing/Anti-icing Basic Course Certificate
2. Course content
- Introduction – effects of icing, snow, ice and slush on aircraft on the ground and in flight
- Selection of de/anti-icing liquids – basic characteristics
- De-icing/anti-icing technologies selection – basic manners of ice, snow and slush removal
- Protection against icing on different types od aeroplanes
- Ground and inflight de-icing
- Liquids dilution, holdover time
- Liquids coding and storing
- Procedures after de/anti-icing
- Safety at work and protection of the health, first aid
- Effects on environment
- Mechanical devices used for de/anti-icing
- Analysis of experience from the previous season
- Conclusion – oral examination
3. Course duration
Theoretical training: 2,5 hrs.
Practical training: 0,5 hr.
Total: 3 hrs.