De-icing / Anti-icing Basic Course
This course is designed for the staff responsible for de-icing and anti-icing procedures performed on the aircraft prior to flight.
Theoretical training: 12 hrs. Practical training: 15 hrs. Total 27 hrs.
1. Entry requirements
2. Course content
- Icing effects
- Ground and inflight de-icing
- Selection of de/anti-icing liquids – basic characteristics
- Liquids dilution, holdover time
- Liquids coding and storing
- Technologies used for de/anti-icing
- Procedures after de/anti-icing
- Phraseology used
3. Course duration
Theoretical training: 12 hrs.
Practical training: 15 hrs.
Total: 27 hrs.